Saturday, September 09, 2006

...now all I need is a pattern!

Wow! I had the most amazing experience today!
Took the kids with me and went to an alpaca ranch about 2 hours north of where I live... It was incredible! We got to pet the critters, the girls played with the ranch owner's daughters, and I bought some beautiful fiber to send to my pal! I even met the animals my pal's fiber was sheared from.
Here's just some of the haul.
The darkest brown came from a sweet girl named Clover, the champagne colored wool from another female named Chilly B., and the raw fiber is actually from the little guy in the photo below.

He was very friendly, and quite curious about the camera.
What an amazing opportunity we got to take advantage of! I wish my pal could have enjoyed it, but I'm sure the locally raised Alaskan alpaca wool will take some of the sting out of missing it...
I've got a few good patterns picked out; I just have to decide which to send, and I'll be ready to ship it out!
I'll be posting a lot more on my blog tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

Oh my! You're making everyone wish he/she is your pal now!:)

9/09/2006 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Alpaca and I just know your pal will love it as well

9/10/2006 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home