Friday, October 06, 2006

Traveling...

My box of roving is now traveling onto it's new home. I had a bit of a time getting the roving just right. My first attempt was to dye 'watermelon' roving; red & pink with spots of black & green. It looked fantastic when wet, blah when dry. So I finally decided to overdye the whole think with a deep purple. Gosh, I think it's the best roving I've dyed! There is a neat rose color at the very center of the roving that I think will blend in when spun and give the yarn a nice glow.There is 6oz of Blue Face Leicester (extra roving for a very cool pattern). I sure hope my pal likes it!
I also wanted to let you guys know about a swap I'm hosting, The Handspun Sock Yarn Swap!
Happy Knitting~
Rae

1 Comments:

Blogger knitizen said...

your pal loves it! very dragonfly if i were to name the colorway. also love the mittens pattern. perfect, i can't wait to put it all together. thank you so much. p.s. i think i already signed up for the swap you're hosting.

10/10/2006 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home