Sunday, November 19, 2006

Much Delayed Thank You


I truly enjoyed this swap and was thoroughly spoiled by my swap partner. I blogged about it on my site, but completely for got to post here.

My Spin Rove Swap partner was Kirsten, from Wales. I can't tell you how stoked I was to have an overseas swap partner. Kristen sent me a beautiful handpainted spindle which twirls easily and long. She also included 2 colours of silk roving. The one on the left is natural / earthy. It's spinning up into a lovely neutral taupe colour. The other is a stunning, gorgeous, amazing shade of cobalt blue. It's like looking at a handful of the Caribbean Sea. I must become a much better spindler before I touch this stuff! There was also some chocolate (yum!), some sweets for the kids, and a cute little sheep purse which my daughter adopted immediately and permanently. It was a great package. I keep showing strangers my handful of silk and pretty blue spindle and trying to impress upon them just how cool it is that they CAME FROM WALES!!! Thanks Kirsten! Thank you so much.

Thanks also for organizing this fun swap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home