Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Wheels

AmysBabies asked me about my wheels and I figured other people may want to hear about them too. I love both my wheels for very different reasons.

The Minstrel was my first wheel and lives in my Living room. It spins great but isn't very portable and is also not very versatile. But it is Gorgeous! Mine is stained mahogany and looks like an antique. I couldn't imagine many other wheels looking like they belonged in my living room

The Gem comes with me everywhere, It can even go in my carry on when I travel. It is also very versatile and can use almost all of the many flyers, whorls, and other attachments that Majacraft makes. It's not an ugly wheel by any means but it is definitely a modern wheel.

If I was forced to pick between them I'd probably pick the Gem but I'd fight tooth and nail before giving up either of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger AmysBabies said...

Thank you so much! You are the first person who I have found who has a Gem. I have been saving for several months to get one and it is so wonderful to hear a hands on opinion. I understand about putting up a fight. I feel the same way about my Sewing Machine ; )

8/31/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Spinning Dervish said...

I just ordered a Minstrel and I'm curious about why you say it isn't very versatile. I'm a new spinner and am still pretty fuzzy about what sort of different things one needs a wheel to do.

I love the look of the Minstrel too and can't wait for it to get here. I've heard they're hard to put together, did you have any trouble with yours?

9/01/2006 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home