Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Thank you Loribird!

Remember those adorable alpaca pics from Alaska a while back? I saw them and thought...oooh Loribird's pal is super lucky...and then a box arrived full of luscious alpaca goodness. It showed up last week but I couldn't remember the new blogger name I made up since I couldn't join the blog with my usual blog, but I finally figured it out so I can thank Loribird once again. Since it's been a week, in the meantime I've been spinning and working on the pattern she included which so kindly only uses ~60 yds of wool and a fraction of the roving. Here's the yarn:
knit into Madge from Knittyspin
(not yet blocked because I'm impatient like that)
Such wonderful fun fiber to work with and a great and quick pattern. Near-instant gratification. And lots more fiber left over for other hats or matching mittens or something. Meanwhile, my box is almost ready to go out to my pal, I'm just proofchecking the pattern and dyeing some mohair locks for embellishment and it'll be off...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cayli said...

Love the hat!

9/27/2006 3:32 PM  
Blogger loribird said...

Oh, it came out so well! I'm itching to spin up some now too.

9/27/2006 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home