Friday, September 01, 2006

Greetings from Chicago!

Hi Everyone!

Theresa from Chicago checking in! Some of you might also know me as the Keyboard Biologist -- that's the blog I've been maintaining for the past 4 years to describe my crafty (mostly knitting) adventures.

I've been knitting since 1995, spinning is a more recent, but not less consuming, endeavor that I started in May of 2005. That start involved two Bosworth drop spindles and a lot of encouragement from some local and not-so-local blogging friends. I've added a few more spindles to my collection since then (Kundert, Golding and Charis) so if anybody wants to know more about the ones I have, I'm happy to talk more about them.

However, since buying my Lendrum DT in January, I have to admit, I haven't used my spindles very much at all. I absolutely love my wheel. At the heart of it all, I'm a product more than a process spinner or knitter. While I enjoy the process of knitting and spinning, what I enjoy most of all is having a finished yarn or knitting project in my hands. With the wheel, and my newly acquired WooLee Winder, I can actually contemplate spinning up enough yarn for a sweater. The project I am working on now is turning 2 lbs of fluffy moorit CVM roving into a 3 ply yarn that I can use to make a cardigan for winter.

Thanks to CJ and Christina for hosting the swap. I'm looking forward to picking out something fun for my swap partner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home